In the best interests of our clients, you should be aware of some of the challenges that may be ahead if you wait around to buy.
Some Buyers are holding off rather than moving forward until the dust settles. This is going to create a massive bottleneck in a market with seriously low inventory already.
We’ve already been seeing multiple-offer situations in most houses, when listed for the right price. I’m anticipating its going to get a whole lot worse in a month or two for buyer competition. That being said, we recommend you finalize your searches and wrap it up, in event you won’t be able to in the future. We also are recommending you don’t go in any more homes than you need to, to minimize possible exposure to the virus.
Our lenders and title companies (specifically our Long & Foster partners Prosperity Home Mortgage and Sage Title Group) are on the ball and not letting anything fall through the cracks, while maintaining responsible safety precautions for all our clients and agents.
We are still operating within the law, and taking ethical and safety precautions:
- No handshakes with our agents – don’t even think about it
- Recommending clients do not touch anything in the home (light switches, door knobs, or even that tasteful wine glass, staged on the dining room table)
- Use of hand sanitizer (frequently, often, before and after each home visited)
- Wearing gloves & protective face masks – no judgement here
- Washing hands thoroughly before and after viewing properties, obviously
Let’s wrap up your home search and get you in that dream home now, before our resources are limited to help you.